Mission and Vision
The mission of the Taipei European School is to provide educational excellence and European culture and values within the context of Taiwanese society.
The three key elements of the TES Mission statement are:
- Striving to reach each child’s own potential.
- Appreciating the development and progress of the child as an individual from a holistic point of view.
- Developing love of learning.
- Recognising mobility needs of the students.
European Culture and Values:
- Europe gives us common values that unite us and cultural diversity that strengthens us.
Context of Taiwanese Society:
- Respecting, understanding and learning from our host country.
- Seeking interaction, partnership and service contribution.
Taipei European School: Vision
To be the school of choice for parents, students and staff who are looking for excellent accredited education programmes delivered in a variety of languages and who want to join an active and caring community.
Taipei European School: Core values
At TES we believe in
- Striving for excellence in all that we do.
- Alternative suggestion: Encouraging the holistic development of the student as an individual.
- Sustaining a strong ethos emphasising students’ welfare and their personal, social and emotional development.
- Encouraging students to pursue their natural curiosity,
- thereby developing enquiring and challenging minds and enhancing their critical thinking and preparation for life-long learning.
- Promoting good citizenship through a concern and compassion for social, global and environmental issues.
- Respecting and celebrating the multicultural environment of our school for the enrichment it brings.
- Developing the potential of each member of our school community.
- Maintaining a strong partnership between our school, parents and the community.
The German Section offers its students a school education within the context of the Taipei European School that follows German education objectives by using German curricula and that aims at German school qualifications.
German School Taipei (Deutsche Schule Taipei) - German Section of the Taipei European School
One school, many cultures, one community – the German School Taipei
The German School Taipei (Deutsche Schule Taipei) is one of the pillars of the Taipei European School. It is in a constant process of adapting to the evolving needs of its students and supports them in order to meet the challenges of an ever changing world. A holistic learning approach and innovative teaching methods lead to German school qualifications, which are attained by interacting with the culture, language and society of our host country Taiwan as well as with our European partners.