Mission and Vision
Taipei European School provides educational excellence and European culture and values within the context of Taiwanese society.
To be a flourishing, multilingual and multicultural community of lifelong learners that embraces independence, curiosity and empathy to make a positive difference in local, national and global environments.
Through world class curricula, Taipei European School cultivates lifelong learners and responsible global citizens who are ready to rise to the challenges of the future. We nurture independence, embrace diversity, and encourage all to “do well by doing good”. We embrace holistic education programmes that value academic accomplishment while prioritising the social and emotional wellbeing of each learner.
The school expects that we:
- Strive for excellence in all that we do
- Encourage the development of the whole person
- Sustain a strong ethos that emphasizes students’ welfare and their personal, social and emotional development
- Encourage students to pursue their natural curiosity thereby developing enquiring and challenging minds and enhancing their critical thinking and preparation for lifelong learning
- Promote good citizenship through a concern and compassion for social, global and environmental issues
- Respect and celebrate the multicultural environment of our school which enriches our community and our learning
- Develop the potential of each member of our school community
- Maintain a strong partnership between our school, parents and the community
The German Section offers its students a school education within the context of the Taipei European School that follows German education objectives by using German curricula and that aims at German school qualifications.
German School Taipei (Deutsche Schule Taipei) - German Section of the Taipei European School
One school, many cultures, one community – the German School Taipei
The German School Taipei (Deutsche Schule Taipei) is one of the pillars of the Taipei European School. It is in a constant process of adapting to the evolving needs of its students and supports them in order to meet the challenges of an ever changing world. A holistic learning approach and innovative teaching methods lead to German school qualifications, which are attained by interacting with the culture, language and society of our host country Taiwan as well as with our European partners.