Our Management Council
Members of the French Section Management Council 2018-2019 (representing FS parents):
French Section Annual General Meeting was held on 15th May, during which we presented the French Section parents with our activity report and welcomed the new Council cohort of elected parents. The newly elected parents to our Council are shown as below (in no particular order):
- Mr Frédéric Vereecke, Chairman
- Ms Nadine Ligavant, Vice Chairwoman
- Mr Nicolas Ng Kon Tia, Treasurer
- Mr Dimitri Bruyas, Secretary
- Ms Lucie Juhel-Kergastel, Member
- Ms Virginie de Braquilanges, Member
As voting members, they are joined by the French office in Taipei representative and Attachée for French, literature and sport language Ms Muriel Schmit.
Other members with consultative voices include:
- Head of the school, Mr Jean-Yves Vesseau
- Primary Head, Ms Carine Capel
- elected staff representatives Ms Isabelle Rajnfeld and Ms Caroline Ambrosioni
- Operations Manager, Mr Nicolas Blanc
The Section council meets once a month and makes the decisions that will ensure the academic and financial success of the school. This way our mission is respected and our values are maintained.
The Management Council fulfills four main functions:
- Strategic thinking about the French Section's future, in collaboration with all authorised persons and institutions (Head, TESBOG, AEFE, French Office in Taipei, etc.).
- Representing the French Section's interests within the European School, in coordination with the Head.
- Administrative support and financial management to provide French Section students and staff with the best possible study and working conditions (preparation of, and voting on, the budget, determination of tuition fees and so on).
- Representation of parents' interests within the French Section. The Strategic Plan is available here.
TES is a non-profit foundation under Taiwanese law.
The TES Board of Directors (TESBOD) is the management body of TES. The Chair of the TESBOD is Dr. C.V. Chen.
The TESBOD delegates its governing and leadership powers to the TES Board of Governors (TESBOG), which is composed of eight TES parents. Each Section sends one member of its Management Council to represent it on the TESBOG. That position is occupied by the President of the French Section Management Council. The remaining four places are elected by the TES parents.
The day-to-day management of TES is the responsibility of the Executive Leadership Team (LT) led by the CEO of TES, Mr David Gatley.
The LT is also responsible for developing strategic plans to meet Taipei European School’s objectives.
The Heads of the French and German Section are members of the LT, however they are independent from the CEO – they answer to their respective national ministers and to their Management Council.
- Annual General Meeting 2016(872 KB)(16/05/2016)