The Brevet Diploma (DNB): The French national exams for the Brevet diploma take place at TES at the end of 3ème. The question papers are sent to Taipei by the French Ministry of Education.
French Section students get excellent results in the Brevet :
- From 2012 to 2018, 100% of our students passed, 91% of them getting honours.
- In 2019, 91% passed with 90% of those students passing with honours.
The French Baccalauréat:The French Section is an exam centre for the national French exams that mark the end of high school - the French Baccalauréat. 1ere and Tle students sit the exams in Taipei in June.
French Section students have a 100% pass rate at the French Baccalauréat, 88% of them pass with honours, giving our students access to the best universities in the French, Chinese and English-speaking world.
- Non-French native speakers can take the DELF Prim A1.1, A1 and A2 exams in collaboration with the Alliance Française.
- From CP to 4ème, students who wish to sit the Cambridge English exams (from YLE to FCE) are given the opportunity to do so.
- Our 2nde and 1ère students can also pass the Spanish Diploma Español Lengua Extranjera (DELE) in collaboration with the Cervantes Institute.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and the International Baccalaureate (IB)
In 2nde, our students take the IGSCE exams in English and Chinese.
The IGCSE exams are prepared for in 3ème and 2nde during combined classes with students from the other Sections of TES.
The French Section Terminale students are encouraged, in parallel with the French Baccalauréat, to take IB Language exams in English, Chinese or German. These exams are also prepared for during TES combined classes.
Road safety certificate (ASSR): Level 1 is offered to 5ème students and Level 2 to 3ème. Holding the ASSR 2 is a requirement for applying for a driving licence.
Internet licence: This licence is offered as part of a national programme, helping children in CM2, and their families, become more aware of internet security and responsibility.
Our students also participate in a number of competitions and contests during the year, such as the Maths Kangaroo, Castor Programming, etc.