Governance of TES
• Taipei European School Foundation is, since 2002, the legal entity permitted by the government authority of Taiwan ROC, to operate Taipei European School for the international community in Taiwan.
• The TES Board of Directors (BOD) is the governing authority of the Taipei European School Foundation.
• The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the School is the highest level of authority within the School as such mandated by the BOD to manage the School in its entirety.
• There are four sections within the School: the British primary section, the British secondary and high school section, the French section and the German section. All are part of the School and operate as such with common practices. Any variation in these practices must be approved by the CEO who reports directly to the BOD.
• Legal compliance to the rules and regulations/governmental departments of the host nation (Taiwan, R.O.C) will form the primary basis of evaluation of policies for the School.
The BOD appoints separate sub-committees in relation to the following areas of responsibility to support the school's operations:
- Governance & Policy
- HR & Well-being
Members of the TES Board of Directors
Dr. C.V. Chen (Chairman)
Mr. Derrick Chan (Chairperson of the Finance Sub-Committee)
Mr. Mark Lintott (Chairperson of the Facilities Sub-Committee)
Ms. Wendy Lin (Chairperson of the HR & Well-being Sub-Committee)
Mr. Blacker Sia
Prof. Y.T. Liu
Mr. Freddie Höglund
Mr. Joseph Ho