The British Primary Section Council
The role of the British Primary Section Council is to lead and govern the British Primary Section and to elect one representative to the overall governing body of TES, namely the TES Board of Governors.
The responsibilities of each elected member include: attending a monthly evening meeting, representing an overall view of the running and development of the British Section, and to helping to guide and support the members of the school management in their daily duties.
With reference to the British Primary Section Council Constitution, the British Primary Section Council is responsible for the following:
1. The Council is responsible for preparing a clear statement of the British Primary Section philosophy and objectives. This philosophy should be reviewed on a regular basis and taken into consideration whenever possible changes of policy are under discussion.
2. The Council is responsible for establishing the policies and School Action Plan with the Head of the British Primary Section who administers the school.
3. The Council is responsible for establishing working committees when deemed necessary. A committee will consist of at least three members.
4. Appointment and discharge of employees and other personnel associated with the British Primary Section.
5. Review and approval of the British Primary Section budget and financial statements before their submission to the TES Board.
6. The Council is responsible for a periodic evaluation of the school, taking into consideration the school stated philosophy and goals.