School Association of the German School Taipei
The German School Taipei is a German Overseas School that is recognised by the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the German Länder and which is subsidised and supported by the Federal Office of Administration (Bundesverwaltungsamt), Central Agency for Schools Abroad (Zentralstelle für das Auslandsschulwesen, ZfA). It is also financed by the school fees paid by the parents and by contributions from the support association “Taipei German School Education Association” (TGSEA, in German “Förderverein”). The body responsible for maintaining the school is the School Association (Schulverein).
The purpose of the School Association is to maintain a school of general education including a Kindergarten and nursery school according to German curricula with instruction in German, whilst at the same time integrating the school into the Taipei European School. The school also serves to promote German culture and language in Taiwan.
Members of the School Association are parents and custodians of children who attend the school. An application for admission to the school is not necessary. It is also possible for “Friends and Supporters” of the school, as well as honorary members, to become members of the School Association.
Vorstand of the School Association
The School Association is represented by the Vorstand. As a team of six, we are in charge of the Association’s activities and we continue to develop our school in cooperation with the headmaster.
During the regular annual meeting, the School Association elects the six members of the Vorstand, which is responsible for the finances of the school and is in charge of its routine activities. A maximum of two of the six members can be elected from the group “Friends and Supporters” (“Freunde und Förderer”). The term of office of each Vorstand member is two years. The members of the Vorstand fulfil their task in an honorary capacity. During its meetings, the Vorstand is supported in an advisory capacity by a representative of the German Institute, the headmaster and the chairperson of the Parents’ Council. The statutes (approved by the Foreign Ministry of the Federal Republic of Germany) and the Rules of Procedure based on these govern the details of the Vorstand’s work. The Vorstand elects a chairperson from among its members. The areas of responsibility of each Vorstand member are determined during a meeting at the beginning of the school year. The Vorstand can delegate special issues to extended bodies.
The meetings of the SVorstand are convened on a monthly basis.
The Vorstand generally manages all affairs of the Association. These include:
- employment and dismissal of the headmaster (in close consultation with the Foreign Ministry), teachers and other school staff of the German School Taipei,
- consultations and adoption of the budget estimate for the new financial year,
- allocation of the financial resources required by the school,
- supervision and compliance with the budget, etc.
|Vorstand Members 2019/2020||Areas of Responsibility|
|Tino Hildebrand||Chairman, Deputy TGSEA|
|Markus Wild||Deputy Chairman, TGSEA|
|Franziska Rothamel||School Developement, Personnel, Deputy Marketing and Communication|
|Betty Hsu||Marketing and Communication, stellv. Personnel, Deputy School Developement|
The regular general meeting of its members takes place once a year during the second school term. It constitutes a quorum to be able to decide if at least 20% of its members attend the vote or are represented by power of attorney.
The most important tasks and matters to be decided on include:
- election of the School Association’s Board (Vorstand),
- acceptance of the report from the chairperson on the work of the Vorstand, the headmaster and the Vorstand member responsible for the finances of the school,
- approval of the management of the budget and of the year-end financial statements,
- approval of the actions of the Vorstand,
- making decisions on the adoption of the budget estimate for the new financial year (school year),
- making decisions on obtaining loans in cases where the Vorstand is not authorised to decide on such matters,
- making decisions on the amount of school fees,
- making decisions on motions put forward by the Vorstand, the detailed wording of which the members of the School Association received together with the invitation to the general meeting,
- and making decisions on motions put forward from among the members of the School Association.
Please refer to the Statutes of the School Association for the full version of these regulations.
|1st School Term 2019/2020:||2 Sept 2019||2nd School Term 2019/2020:||3 Feb 2020|
|7 Oct 2019||2 Mar 2020 (preperation for AGM)|
|6 Nov 2019||9 Mar 2020 AGM|
|2 Dec 2019||13 Apr 2020|
|13 Jan 2020||4 May 2020|
|1 June 2020|
The next regular annual meeting of the School Association will take place on March 9th 2020 at 7:00 pm in the Amphitheatre at the Primary Campus.
The Monthly Newsletter regularly reports news on the work of the Vorstand of the German School Taipei.
Contact Information: email@example.com